Using SO Fourteen safely
To ensure the continued safety for our members, visitors and staff, help maintain social distancing and reduce the spread of the virus, we have put the following measures and guidance in place. Please ensure that you follow this guidance wherever possible, maintain hygiene standards in line with Government and Public Health England recommendations, and continue to look after your fellow coworkers at all times.
- Some desks are unavailable for use, as indicated by the signage, to enable effective social distancing without significantly reducing capacity
- All members must choose a designated desk to work from and stick to. Should you wish to change at any time, please agree this with our Community Manager
- Anyone using a Day Pass will also be given a designated desk, which will be disinfected following each use
- Please refrain from wandering around the office when not going to a meeting room, phone booth or kitchen area
Meeting rooms, phone booths & breakout areas
- Disinfectant spray and/or wipes have been placed in all meeting rooms, phone booths and communal breakout areas. Please use these to clean surfaces, handles, switches, remote controls etc before and after each use
- Wash your hands before and after using kitchen areas, meeting rooms or communal areas
- The capacity of the large meeting room has been reduced to 4 persons for the time being
- The capacity of the small meeting room has been reduced to 2 persons for the time being
- Directional signage has been installed in the widely used communal areas to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Please adhere to this at all times
- The two access-controlled doors from the corridor should be left open at all times, but please continue to fob in and out when passing through for health and safety reasons
- All guest/visitor fobs will be disinfected before being reissued
Food & drink
- Food should only ever be consumed in the kitchen areas, not at your desks
- Any used mugs, plates and cutlery should be placed in the dishwasher after use
- We require at least 24 hours’ notice for any visitors you wish to attend SO Fourteen
- Each member is restricted to one visitor at any one time, with social distancing maintained at all times. Should you require more than one visitor, please speak to our Community Manager
- Please use the lift at all times when arriving at and leaving SO Fourteen. The stairway is for Hilton-Baird Group employees and visitors only
- In the event the lift is out of order, please use the stairs and make use of the landing areas on each floor to maintain social distancing when passing someone
- Regular cleaning will be done throughout the office and facilities to minimise the risk of infection as much as possible. Please help us by maintaining basic hygiene standards at all times
Travel to and from the office
We would politely urge all our members and any visitors to refrain from using public transport when travelling to and from SO Fourteen wherever possible. Please make use of the bike racks available, or travel by car and park at one of the nearby car parks. Please speak to our Community Manager should you need more information about the car parks. Where public transport is your only option, ensure you wear a face mask in line with government guidance.
In an emergency
Please note that in an emergency, for example an accident, fire or evacuation, you do not have to stay 1 metre apart if it would be unsafe to do so
How to reduce virus spread
Please follow these guidelines on how to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus:
- Stay at least 1 metre away from coworkers, visitors and SO Fourteen staff, unless they are in the same household as you
- Follow any directional signage on the floor to help maintain the 1 metre distance
- Wipe down any surfaces after using them, especially in the kitchen areas
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
In line with government guidance, please do not attend SO Fourteen in the following circumstances:
- For 10 days if you develop any symptoms (a new and persistent cough, fever, shortness of breath or a loss of taste or smell)
- For 14 days if someone in your household develops symptoms
- For 14 days if you have returned to the UK from overseas, unless the country you are returning from (and any countries you have travelled through) are exempt to the government policy
Please advise SO Fourteen as soon as possible that you have been required to self-isolate and keep us updated.
Asking members or visitors not to attend
If we are concerned that you or any of your visitors may have been exposed to the virus even though you are not displaying symptoms, we may take the decision to request that you do not work from SO Fourteen. You will receive a refund on your membership fees for this period of time.
While we appreciate some of these measures might be inconvenient, please do your utmost to follow them so that we can all enjoy being back in a collaborative and safe office environment. Should you have any questions or concerns, please speak to our Community Manager.
Join our community
We’d love for you to come and join our SO Fourteen community. Whether you’re looking for a place to make contacts and meet like-minded individuals or an inspiring place to be your best, we look forward to welcoming you.